Looking for a career in the manufacturing industry? Browse the list of open positions below and start your journey today.
Posted on: Oct. 14
Spectrum Staffing Solutions
Senior Electrical Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Ogden, UT
How do you know you’re applying with a top-notch organization? Well, for one thing, they’re still hiring in 2020 (the year of the beast). How can you be sure they’ll offer job security? They’ve been in business longer than you’ve been alive. How do you know the company, and you, will continue to thrive? You’ve seen their products in action dozens, if not hundreds or thousands of times (even if you were unaware) and they’re still growing. How do you get through an ELECTRCIAL ENGINEER job description without at least a couple dumb electricity puns? I have no idea. So, if you’re feeling grounded at work and want to break out of your current role, put your energy elsewhere. Let’s connect and spark up a conversation about this shockingly good opportunity.
Responsibilities of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
• Play a lead role on the electrical engineering team in the conception, research, development, design, testing, manufacturing and maintenance of aircraft ground support equipment.
• Regularly perform engineering analyses and evaluations to improve design development and set production criteria with cost efficiency and quality in mind.
• Set scope-of-work parameters, including timelines and financials; work interdepartmentally to achieve goals.
• Plan, schedule and coordinate detailed work phases and assignments on various projects, often concurrently.
• Collaborate with manufacturing team, addressing engineering change orders and non-conformances to solve production problems.
• Prepare various specifications, technical instructions, status reports and more; present them to team members, management and clients as appropriate.
• Work with sales department to set and meet deliverable schedules.
• Develop electrical designs and diagrams, wiring schematics, functional descriptions, etc.
• Component selection and troubleshooting.
• Travel, as needed, to customer sites to address concerns and requests as well as investigate equipment issues or system failures and provide solutions.
Qualifications of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related technical field.
• Utah PE license, a plus.
• 6+ years’ relevant electrical design engineering experience with high-power, analog systems (aerospace manufacturing or similar environment, highly preferred).
• Experience with insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs), 380/480 volt converters, power generators, load banks, electro-magnetic protection systems and/or aircraft ground support machinery, all preferable.
• Experience leading a cross-functional team, preferable.
• Working knowledge of engineering regulations such as ISO, NEC, UL and military power specifications (ability to quickly and effectively learn additional standards will be critical).
• Experience designing circuit boards and microprocessors for control systems, monitors, etc.
• Ability to analyze professional scientific journals, industry periodicals, technical documentation, legal documents and detailed regulatory information.
• Understanding of economics as they apply to feasibility, reliability evaluation and risk analysis.
• Firm grasp of root cause analysis and cause & effect analysis.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication capabilities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Powerpoint.
• Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Join a global leader in innovative products and solutions for automation, aviation, aerotech and more. We’ve been around for nearly 70 years and continue to grow; progressing as a company and developing individuals. This is not a typical position with an ordinary company, but an uncommon opportunity to boost your career onward and upward.
Supply Chain Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to: Operations Director
There once was a supply chain guru who worked SAP magic like Voodoo.
She said, “These aren’t tricks, just logistics, of which I know much more than you do.”
Along came the Spectrum solution, a true recruiting revolution,
They noticed her skills and said, “We’d be thrilled if you’d help us to hone distribution.”
“We seek S&OP expertise, managers with bachelor’s degrees
To employ KPIs, cross the t’s dot the i’s, and decrease product costs, if you please.”
The girl threw her head back in laughter, for these skills she had managed to master.
She took the position, the supply chain mission, and they all lived happily ever after…
Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Manager:
· Oversee SAP / ERP systems implementation, utilization and enhancement.
· Develop strategies to streamline supply chain processes, decrease labor costs, reduce overall expenditures and maximize profits.
· Continuously improve resource management and procurement practices.
· Monitor and adjust inventory to assure proper rotation and availability.
· Collaborate with various departments to ensure efficiency, on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
· Employ Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to optimize efficiency within the supply chain team.
· Promote and maintain strict safety and quality standards in accordance with internal and external regulations.
Qualifications of the Supply Chain Manager:
· Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, business administration or related discipline.
· 10+ years’ relevant professional experience in logistics, supply chain, warehouse management, etc. (aviation/aerospace industry experience, preferable).
· APICs Certified Production Inventory Management (CPIM) certification, highly preferred.
· Deep understanding of all facets of SAP / ERP supply chain management and implementation.
· S&OP / SIOP expertise.
· Experience successfully negotiating costs and improving supply chain processes and data analytics.
· Ability to effectively tackle several tasks on multiple projects, simultaneously.
· Exemplary time-management and organizational skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities.
· Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Help us engineer the most innovative and technically advanced solutions in the aerospace industry. We have been designing and manufacturing the highest quality composite components and structures for government and private clients for more than 50 years. We are deeply committed to our employees and a productive, positive work / life balance. As such, we offer flexible schedules with plenty of paid time off as part of our generous compensation packages.
Forgot your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive mail with link to set new password.
Back to login